The CDC reported today that there has now been a second death due to the Corona Virus in Washington State.
Current statistics are as follows:
- Globally, there are 90,000 cases reported in 67 countries.
- In the US there are 89 cases reported in 12 states including New York and Washington States
- Delta Airlines announced it is suspending flights to Milan Italy
- First case: December 1, 2019
- Origin: Wuhan, Hubei, China
- Symptoms: Initial flu-like symptoms, such as fever, coughing, breathing difficulties, fatigue, and myalgia
- Incubation period: 1-14 days
- Mode of transmission: Human-to-human transmission via respiratory droplets
- Prevention tips: Avoiding close contact with sick individuals; frequently washing hands with soap and water; not touching the eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands; and practicing good respiratory hygiene
- See the CDC guidelines on the Corona Virus and important disinfection procedures .